Let me start with a big thank you to all of those who voted for me in the Next Greatest Speaker and Author competition. Your vote, support, and kind words mean so much to me. I truly appreciate your compassion and encouragement during this competition. Unfortunately I have not made it to the next round. But I did have a major realization about my business during this competition. Do you know the anecdote of the shoemaker’s children? The story goes that the shoemaker is so busy making shoes for everyone else in the village his own children go barefoot. Well, I have realized my business is barefoot.
If you have known me or read my blog for any amount of time, you have heard me preach time and time again the importance of knowing Brand You. Knowing your brand and being able to communicate that brand is the basis for business success. Each brand is composed of who, what, how, and why. Who do you serve? Your target customer needs to be distinct, narrow, and well-defined. What do you offer? What is the problem you solve? What is the product or service you deliver? How do you do it? How is your product or service different than your competition? How does your uniqueness help you stand out in a crowd? And finally, why do you do what you do? What is your passion or mission behind your business? One of the reasons I believe I did not make it to the next round of the competition is I failed at communicating Brand Me.
I would appreciate it if you could take the time to review the following information and leave a Reply below with your thoughts. Which parts of my brand resonate with you? Which do not? What is missing?
Who do you see me serving? Who do you think I can best assist?
- Disempowered, stressed out workers
- Job seekers: dissatisfied, unemployed, college-aged
- Small business owners: current or start-up
What do I provide? What problem do I solve? What service do I offer?
- A balanced life: work and home, technician and business owner, self and others
- Objectively uncover and help you accept your true, authentic, unique gift to the world
- Dissolve reliance on societal expectations and processes around business and work
- Define and accept your personal version of success and how to achieve it
How do I do it? What do you think makes me different from other life and business coaches out there?
- Piercing insight
- Real world applications
- Been there, done that understanding and support
- Open networker connecting clients to potential partners, customers, and resources
- Providing an accepting, caring, compassionate, and non-judgmental atmosphere
- Using humor to help break through fears and blocks
- Practical applications of spiritual concepts
Why I do it?
- I truly want to make the world a better place, one person at a time.
- I am meant to be an example, to lead other people to their happiness and success by my example.
- Creating joy, balance, and empowerment to employees and business owners by bringing humanity back to commerce through reinventing why and how we go to business.
And now it is your chance to comment. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with and thank you so much for your help.